In nature, cells are bioelectrical and biochemical at
the same time; both processes occur in concert to
allow for cell function. Horizontal Therapy is based on
this fact. Rather than moving vertically across an
action potential threshold, Horizontal Therapy crosses
the potential threshold horizontally (along the X-axis)
by clinically varying the frequency at a constant
Two frequencies are selected from the middle
frequency range; one that is below the action
potential threshold and one that is above it. By
changing from low to high frequency, and then the
reverse, the action potential threshold is crossed, and
the action potential occurs.
Proven results for Peripheral Neuropathy and
- Stimulate peripheral nerves for the purpose of
providing pain relief.
- Stimulate muscle nerves for the purpose of
providing muscle re-education.
- Management and symptomatic relief of chronic
- Adjunctive treatment in the management of post-
surgical pain problems.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms.
- Prevention or retardation of tissue atrophy.
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of the calf
muscles to prevent phlebothrombosis.
- Non-invasive, non-toxic, safe and effective.
- Minimal side effects, easily avoided.